Wednesday 16 September 2015

Volunteer Training Days Booked

Feeling really excited now - I've had confirmation for the two training days for my new voluntary placements at a local hospital! Both have direct patient contact and will be very different from each other, one is working with all patients from all walks of life and the other is specifically with patients with dementia. I am equally excited about both as I think I will learn a lot from them and they will really help me on my re-ignited journey towards medicine. 

I really enjoy volunteering and I am so lucky to have had all sorts of volunteering and work experience to talk about should I ever be lucky enough to get an interview! One of my choices specifies the time line but hopefully the volunteering training confirmation today means that after the training I can get started to meet the quota in recent times. I'm also waiting to hear back from a really exciting work experience/shadowing placement in a specialty I have never experienced before so I'm really hoping I get to do that too! 

I had forgotten how arduous preparing for the UKCAT was, but I keep reminding myself that this is going to have to happen quite a few times potentially, especially seen as my mock scores seem much lower than the last time I took the UKCAT. However, not everyone is lucky enough to have a smooth run to med school and I'm still hoping I will eventually make it!!!  If I lose my path again, please all feel free to poke me and remind me that I really do not want to do anything else. 

More positive steps in the right direction today for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment