Wednesday 30 November 2011

Essay finished!

Well, I really enjoyed reading for that essay, however, writing it, not so much.  I probably wrote about 10,000 words in total and then deleted them time and time again.  I became very frustrated with myself and my lack of clarity towards the end and I was very glad to finally hand it in yesterday.  I can now get on with the second part of the very exciting project I was involved in during the summer holidays.  

I am managing to drive short distances, but I can only drive one of our cars, I don't have enough strength to drive the other as it is a 4x4 which is mildly irritating as I do rather enjoy driving that car, but I'm sure I'll be able to in time.  Physio is really annoying, always hurts afterwards and I'm relatively sure my physio forgets that I'm not particularly fit these days, hey ho, it must be doing some good as I only seem to limp when it is cold now or I've been walking for a while.  I'm just so grateful to be back on two legs. 

I'm still sending out volunteering applications as I wasn't able to do any of my placements during the summer, stressing slightly that this will reduce my chances of getting into medical school, but keeping my fingers firmly crossed that it won't.  Lovely sunny day here, but I'm happily inside working (now my essay is over and done with!) no more to hand in until the new year, although I already have lots of reading ready for the next one.  

I'm really looking forward to Christmas already this year, we're going to put the Christmas decorations up later so we'll be feeling all festive.  After my mum died I really started to hate Christmas, but since meeting and marrying my other half, it is all exciting and fun again!  Hope you're not all working too hard, and you're enjoying Christmas shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Med schools realise that as a graduate (especially one with family committments) there's less time to dedicate to volunteering so really it comes down to two things a) making sure you do *some* volunteering and then being able to properly reflect upon it in your PS (you can gain great insight after only a month whereas someone else might not get it even after a year) and b) applying strategically i.e. not to places like Leicester which place a lot of emphasis on work experience. That's what I've been told anyway, hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I'll have about a year of volunteering by the time I get to interview (if I am lucky enough to get offered any!) But I will absolutely make sure I reflect on it in my PS, thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete