Tuesday 15 May 2012

Open Days

Open day season is almost upon us and as I have signed up for pretty much all of the open days I want to go on it has dawned on me just how real this is.  I want to go to medical school in 2013, I think I'm probably one of thousands who do to be honest but I'll be happy to wait another year if I have to.  But I will be spending the summer going to open days, studying for the GAMSAT and UKCAT (and possibly BMAT) and writing my UCAS form, regardless of the outcome, the application stage starts here.  It seems like yesterday I was getting ready to start the first week of my BSc, yet here I am, my second year is almost over and I'm going to be a third year (results pending).  

I still can't choose which Universities I'm going to apply to (as you can tell by the volume of exams I'm considering taking).  But I have to be honest I'm having a lot of fun choosing between them.  At first I found I was getting frustrated by it, and I'm not going to lie - I would prefer it if the UCAS form had 8 options instead of 4...but I'm really enjoying learning about all of the different courses that are on offer.  I'm slightly concerned that I'm going to pick the wrong uni, choose 4 medical schools that won't like my application/won't like me at interview, but I've come to the conclusion that it is just one of those things.  I'm not going to pick unis that simply have the largest intake number, I'm going to pick schools that I really think I will love, located somewhere where we'll enjoy living.  We're really really lucky here in the UK, there are so many fantastic courses to choose from.  Reading people's blogs, posts on twitter and on various forums, I think there will be lots of competition this year for places.  All I can do is give it my very best shot and hope one of my choices wants to offer me a place! 

Fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment