Thursday 9 June 2011

Reading for Pleasure

Having had a busy first year at uni, reading (which is something I really adore doing) for pleasure has been a neglected pastime of mine.  Obviously since September I could probably have read on many occasions, however I chose not to, as I have a tendancy, if I really love a book, to get completely engulfed by it.  I lose hours of my days reading it - something which would not have been conducive to finishing my essays or revision.  I'm going to work on it, as I really do miss reading during term time!  

Anyway, I started reading 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold several days ago, and I couldn't put it down - it was an amazing novel, so beautifully written!  It was so emotive, I found it incredibly calming, which considering the subject matter, I was not expecting.  If you haven't read it, I wholeheartedly suggest that you do, you won't be disappointed.  

A distinctly non-medicine related post, however, I am on vacation...I'm off to choose my next book from my bookshelves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment