Monday 12 September 2011

This time next year

I'm thinking about my degree and med school application for about 90% of my day presently.  It may be due to the time of year, as people who are in the year above me at University are about to take the GAMSAT and are getting all of their personal statements together ready to apply, and I keep thinking how this time next year this will actually be me.  I'll be taking the exam that keeps me awake at night with worry, and sending off my personal statement hoping that I have enough work experience and voluntary work to secure me an interview, then worrying solidly about said interview should I be lucky enough to have one...then I'll be worrying about making sure I get a 2:1....

But what I can't help feeling is that although I'm nervous about it all, I wish it was now not next year!  I'd love to be sending off my UCAS application and sitting the GAMSAT and UKCAT this year...I know it seems bizarre but the whole process really excites me!  I don't know how I will feel in 12 months time about it sure, but I know that right now all I can think about is how much I REALLY want the opportunity to study and practice medicine!!!  I love my undergraduate degree, I can't wait to go back to uni (despite the fact that I am still on crutches and getting to uni is actually going to be really difficult if my ankle isn't better by the end of the month) and I'm certainly not wishing my time on this course away at all as I love it, I just can't help thinking about this time next year! 


Fingers crossed I'll be well organised and the GAMSAT won't be as bad as it has been made out to be so far!








No comments:

Post a Comment