Wednesday 11 September 2013

Been here a month already!

So time really does fly!  We've been here a month already, we're still absolutely in love with it all, sofa arrived and we have new bookcases being delivered in the morning (after a 3 week wait grr!).  It really feels like home now and we can't believe we didn't move years ago! 

So what have I been up to?  Mainly trying to figure out the UKCAT, I'm not too bad at it, but unfortunately I'm just not quite speedy enough which is very frustrating but I'm a lot calmer about it than last year.  I'm concerned that its going to be the QR and AR which will be my stumbling blocks, but I'm trying to get my head around them!  Time will tell.  

  I'm taking the GAMSAT next week, however I haven't prepared enough for section 3 for it to be a successful attempt, I'm hoping it will give me a good idea of where I'm lacking in knowledge ready for March though (for 2015 entry if I'm unsuccessful this year).  Just started redrafting my personal statement too which shouldn't take too long at least.  

I'll be happy once my GAMSAT is over and my UKCAT the following week too!  I'm rather dreading them both if I'm honest, I don't have a lot of confidence in them but we shall see!  In the interim, I'm trying to enjoy what is left of the summer, I have a feeling the next 12 months are going to be very busy indeed! 

2 comments:

  1. I was also very concerned about the QR section as I was taking ages when doing the practice tests in the books and on the websites...happily the real exam seems a bit more straight-forward and I managed to finish it in good time. I'd suggest practising how to use a calculator with your keyboard, if you already haven't :)

    Good luck with your exams and I hope your MSc gets off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go? Im also applying for GEM, my UKCAT is this thursday! good luck with all :)

    ReplyDelete