Tuesday 28 January 2014

Trying Again

After feeling so dejected knowing I wouldn't be going to med school in 2014 I didn't think I'd be applying again.  But today after considering my options a million times over over the last few months I realised how unhappy I'd be in any other career....so I've decided to try again for 2015 entry.  I think I'm going to take both the UKCAT and the GAMSAT and really give it a good go! I have to try else I'm going to regret it, I know I will.  I think having moved here and then having to defer my MSc things just haven't quite gone to plan and it sent me off track.  

My health hasn't been 100% but I'm having treatment and physical therapy to help get my strength back to tip top condition so I'm really hoping things will improve over the next 6 months.  Time to get thinking about more voluntary work and perhaps some more work shadowing in the new area! 

Feeling 100% happier and more settled now I know I'm going to give it another go.  Also feeling very lucky to have had so many people on twitter message me with their support and advice - I'm so grateful for every single message!  Thank you all.  

Here we go again.....

3 comments:

  1. Praying for plenty of acceptance letter for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sugession: how about applying for international med school. One of the med school in my country had an extreme mix for nationality and they communicate and study in English. Plus the teaching is in English. I bet they cost less than UK or US schools. A research and an elective in your country will help secure a place for you in the residency program latter on. Explore your full options. If you are warried about the quality look at the school ranking. It is good for schools to have international students, maybe you can play with that and get sponsered in your host country! I am not sure if it is possible, but a try won't harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have not updated your blog in a while.

    How are things? Are you studying medicine this year?

    ReplyDelete